Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Will Tom Holland be the Next Marty McFly?

Thanks to his role as Peter Parker, Spider-Man star Tom Holland has quickly become one of the biggest names in Hollywood in the past decade, to the point where it’s not unusual to see his name attached to all sorts of rumors. One such rumor has Holland slated to star as Marty McFly in a potential Back to the Future reboot, but could there be any truth to it?


"I'd be lying if I said there hadn’t been conversations in the past about doing some sort of remake," Holland said in a recent interview with BBC Radio 1, "but that film is the most perfect film, or one of the most perfect films, one that could never be made better."


The rumors are circulating in large part thanks to a viral deepfake video which shows Holland and MCU co-star Robert Downey Jr.’s faces superimposed over Michael J Fox and Christopher Lloyd in a scene from the 1985 movie. Holland did say it could be fun to recreate the scene in question, saying: "If [Downey Jr.] and I could just shoot that one scene that they remade for fun – he could pay for it cause he’s got loads of money – I would do it for my fee and we could remake that scene. I think we owe it to deep fake because they did such a good job... I think I’m gonna speak to Robert and see if we can try to recreate something for deep fake."


Looking for some entertaining reads? Visit our online library at Gotitles for a wide variety of ebooks, audiobooks, music, and more. Accessible anytime, anywhere, from your favorite devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment